March 27th 2014
She hated it when he turned up. For days now she'd been watching her back. Whenever he showed up the sensation of begin watched followed. Every move she made was probably being reported back to him. So she didn't see her friends. She avoided them for a while and instead hung to the shadows, waiting for the feeling to leave. Or at least she had. Not anymore. This was her town. Who were they to cage her in her own home. So she left. She walked up the steep hill and through the closed forest towards the clearing where, more often than not, at least one of her friends would be lurking.
"..on are you crazy? It was sooo much better than any of his other books!"
"Was not. It lacked a decent storyline! And the characters were terrible!"
"They were not! You just have to read further into the book to see..."
Yep people where here. And they were arguing about books again. A grin spread across her face as she bounded into the clearing.
"Hey guys! How are you all? I haven't seen you in ages!" She watched as her friends turned and met her gaze, grinning as well.
"Hey Sil! I'm great thanks! And its not my fault we haven't seen you! Where have you been?"
"Yeah Storm, where did you go?"
"Oh you know, I was around. Had some stuff to sort out."
"Stuff? What sort of stuff?"
"Did you kill someone?" She looked into her friends expectant eyes.
"No I didn't kill anybody. An old friend came to visit for a couple of days." She said paraphrasing the truth.
"Oh okay then. Anyway where were we?"
"You were being a blasphemous idiot."
"Yes I wait no I wasn't! I'll have you know.." and they were off again. She smiled, listening to their arguments as she went to rest against a large oak tree at the edge of the clearing. She closed her eyes to the warming sun and listened to the sound of nature.
She woke a couple of hours later. The sun was on its way below the horizon and more people had shown up. She took a deep breath in then paused. She took another deep breath just to be sure then opened her eyes. She followed her nose and peaked behind her seeing only trees. Then a piece of paper fluttering in the wind caught her attention. She moved as a blur and caught the paper reading it in her head.
Well hello my petite belle,
I have found you again. And your friends. But before I do anything rash I wish to speak with you, alone. Just walk forward a couple of paces and nod if you understand.
Yous truly, James.
She felt her blood run cold as she read the last line. He had found her! Of course he had. It was foolish of her to lead him here! With a sigh she knew the only thing for her to do was face him. She straightened her back and held her head high before walking forward ten steps and nodding slightly. With out a noise he emerged from behind a tree.
"Bonjour ma petite belle, good to see you again."
"What now James? You kill them like the others while I stand and watch helpless? Or are you trying a new method?"
"Actually I'm giving you a choice, for once. You can either put these lovely little shakels on and come with me or you can watch your friends die then come with me." He said holding up a small pair of shakels.
"So either way I'm coming with you? Why would I do that? I could just run away like I have for years."
"Why wouldn't you do that you ask? Well you could try but what with my many friends scattered around the forest you wouldn't get very far." He said as a grin spread across his face. She felt her face pale in response.
"You f-friends? Their here. Okay. Don't hurt anyone, I'll come with you. Just leave them alone."
"Of course just put these on and-"
"No I want your word on this."
"Fine! I James Venomous nearby swear not to harm Silente Tempests friends from here until the day I die if she puts these shakels on and doesn't run. Better?"
"Okay" she said and lifted her wrists up, shifting as the cold metal closed on them and bound the beast. With little more than a whispered goodbye over her shoulder she walked towards her grizzly fate.
"..on are you crazy? It was sooo much better than any of his other books!"
"Was not. It lacked a decent storyline! And the characters were terrible!"
"They were not! You just have to read further into the book to see..."
Yep people where here. And they were arguing about books again. A grin spread across her face as she bounded into the clearing.
"Hey guys! How are you all? I haven't seen you in ages!" She watched as her friends turned and met her gaze, grinning as well.
"Hey Sil! I'm great thanks! And its not my fault we haven't seen you! Where have you been?"
"Yeah Storm, where did you go?"
"Oh you know, I was around. Had some stuff to sort out."
"Stuff? What sort of stuff?"
"Did you kill someone?" She looked into her friends expectant eyes.
"No I didn't kill anybody. An old friend came to visit for a couple of days." She said paraphrasing the truth.
"Oh okay then. Anyway where were we?"
"You were being a blasphemous idiot."
"Yes I wait no I wasn't! I'll have you know.." and they were off again. She smiled, listening to their arguments as she went to rest against a large oak tree at the edge of the clearing. She closed her eyes to the warming sun and listened to the sound of nature.
She woke a couple of hours later. The sun was on its way below the horizon and more people had shown up. She took a deep breath in then paused. She took another deep breath just to be sure then opened her eyes. She followed her nose and peaked behind her seeing only trees. Then a piece of paper fluttering in the wind caught her attention. She moved as a blur and caught the paper reading it in her head.
Well hello my petite belle,
I have found you again. And your friends. But before I do anything rash I wish to speak with you, alone. Just walk forward a couple of paces and nod if you understand.
Yous truly, James.
She felt her blood run cold as she read the last line. He had found her! Of course he had. It was foolish of her to lead him here! With a sigh she knew the only thing for her to do was face him. She straightened her back and held her head high before walking forward ten steps and nodding slightly. With out a noise he emerged from behind a tree.
"Bonjour ma petite belle, good to see you again."
"What now James? You kill them like the others while I stand and watch helpless? Or are you trying a new method?"
"Actually I'm giving you a choice, for once. You can either put these lovely little shakels on and come with me or you can watch your friends die then come with me." He said holding up a small pair of shakels.
"So either way I'm coming with you? Why would I do that? I could just run away like I have for years."
"Why wouldn't you do that you ask? Well you could try but what with my many friends scattered around the forest you wouldn't get very far." He said as a grin spread across his face. She felt her face pale in response.
"You f-friends? Their here. Okay. Don't hurt anyone, I'll come with you. Just leave them alone."
"Of course just put these on and-"
"No I want your word on this."
"Fine! I James Venomous nearby swear not to harm Silente Tempests friends from here until the day I die if she puts these shakels on and doesn't run. Better?"
"Okay" she said and lifted her wrists up, shifting as the cold metal closed on them and bound the beast. With little more than a whispered goodbye over her shoulder she walked towards her grizzly fate.
... he... didn't include that the other people won't hurt them, either.
ReplyDelete