Saturday, 22 March 2014

Chapter 4



March 22nd 2014


She walked home from the forest clearing slowly, enjoying the feel of the sun on her face. A noise from behind her caught her attention and she turned to see one of her friends following her.
"Sil! Wait up!" She said stumbling down the hill. Silente waited for her to catch up before setting off again at a more suitable pace.
"Hey there Lou. What's wrong? Did I forget something again?"
"You said you wanted help at moving some boxes of that stuff you inject yourself with. Well here I am, ready to help." Lucy smiled down at her. 
"Oh thanks. I'm popping home first though is that okay?"
"Yeah whatever. I'm fine with that. Anyway did you hear about..". She said right before Silente toned out. Not that she didn't like talking to Lucy just that she could go on sometime. She nodded and umhumed when necessary walking down the familiar street and talking a left turn at the bakers. She came to a sudden stop when she saw a familiar figure leaning on her door.
"Hey Lou? I think I might have forgotten something back there. Could you go back and check for me?"
"Yeah sure Sil see you so- wait who's that?" Lou asked staring at the red headed man.
"He's no one" She said moving into her line of vision. "That thing I left..?"
"Yeah yeah sure just, omg he is smowkain. Do you know him?"
"Yes. No. I just. Oh never mind" she said picking up the taller woman and running the other way. As she reached the park she stopped and put her down.
"What the h-"
"Okay stay here, don't move, don't follow okay. Stay." She said before running back the way she came. She stood on the butcher corner and watched him approach.
"Hello Silente. Long time. No see."
"Why are you here?"
"Such a beautiful place you've found" he said ignoring her comment. "A girl could gt settled around here. Beautiful buildings and such charming people. So quick to befriend. But I have enough friends. How about you Silente, any friends?" She flinched back slightly as the images of her past friends grizzly fates flash before her eyes.
"Friends?" She choked out before regaining control. "I don't make friends. You know me. I'm a lone wolf."
"Yes sure. So who was that you were talking too a minute ago hmm?"
"No one. Anyway would you look at the time. I've got to go. Sorry maybe some other time?"
"Oh darn!" He said snapping his fingers. "Isn't that strange. We meet, you never have time, you mysteriously dissapear the next day. So strange. But unfortuntly I have things to do to. And getting revenge is at the top of that list. So if you'd just hold still.." he said plunging one hand into his pocket and grabbing her around the neck with his other. "Then we can get this over and done with." She turned under his grasp, trying to get some air.
"Let..me..go" she said, kicking at him and clawing at his hand. She swung one leg down and with a well aimed kick made contact with his groin. "Let go! James you know the rules! No killing another vamp! No piss off!"
"Just cause I can't kill you doesn't mean you won't die! By the time I'm done with you you'll be begging for death" he said from his curled up position on the ground as she walked away closing the door on his vows for vengeance.

No comments:

Post a Comment