Sunday, 11 May 2014

Chapter 11



April 9th 2014


It had been two days. Two days since he'd gotten the girl. He had loved every second of it. After she'd said yes he'd immediately set her free. He'd brought her clothes from every era so she could find a style she liked. He'd had here pampered and had even got a sensitive to help her heal mentally. The flight to France was booked, although she didn't know that. It was going to be his surprise. He only had one thing left to do. Dismiss his brethren. He walked into the dining hall pulling his features into a dark scowl. When he opened the door he saw that all his creatures looked terrified but were trying to mask it. No wonder. He'd been horrible to them, shown no mercy. He remembered the countless amount of them he'd tortured into submission over the years. Well it was time to set them free. He walked into the room head held high. Meeting their gazes one at a time.
"Brothers! Hello! I hope you all are well. You're probably wondering why exactly I have called you here today. Well that is simple. I have called you here for the very last time. I am setting you free! No more will I force you to do my bidding. You are free. Rejoice! You now have the chance to find your own way in the world, to live by your own rules. I wish you a long, full life and that you find whatever it is your looking for. Go. Be free my brothers! Embrace a life without limits!" The vampires around the room just stared back at him blankly. Then, one by one, they each rose and approached him. He smiled at them as they drew nearer.
"We're..free?" One of the ones near the front asked.
"Yes. You're free. Each and every one of you are free. Please, go enjoy yourselves."
The vampire looked at him in shock, not quite understanding but not questioning. One by one they backed away towards the door until only one remained. He was a young looking boy, one of the youngest he had turned. Around fifteen in appearance although much older in reality. Looks could be so deceiving.
"Hello.  Why haven't you left?"
"I've nowhere to go sir."
"Of course you do boy! Find your place in the world!"
"My place is and for years has been beside you."
"No, that was a place I forced upon you."
"But I liked that place. Please, can't I stay by you and the missus?"  He stood there for a long time, contemplating the idea. Finally he nodded.
"Yes, you can. But you are not to utter a word about this until we make it to France. Oh this is splendid. Finally I'll have the girl. And we'll start anew, as a family. The future is bright for us. Let a new era begin!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, I love your writing!!!!!!!!!!! Keep writing!!!!!! This is a great story!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dug. Good to know you like it. SHOULD be uploading more soon...


    Hopefully.

    ReplyDelete